Monday, February 21, 2011

Random Thoughts.

My mind has been kind of random lately, with lots of different thoughts about a wide variety of things.  I have listed below 10 of my most recent thoughts for your perusal / enjoyment:

1.    I kind of wish that more roads were toll roads and that I could drive on them so I wouldn't hit as much traffic.  Only if my work is going to pay for them though, if I have to pay for them I want them all to be free but only I can drive on them. 
2.    I am very glad that I am not morbidly obese… for a lot of reasons.  I hope to never be "morbidly" anything in my lifetime. 
3.    The ending to the phrase "If wishes were fishes…" has always eluded my memory. 
4.    Often times I miss my friends from up at school, but then I realize that they are still my friends… and that they probably don't miss me as much as I sometimes miss them.  This helps me stop missing them so much.
5.    Sometimes I wish that TV was my reality, and sometimes I wish that my reality was TV.  Though I don't know how I would feel about cameras following me into the bathroom. 
6.    Blogs are great ways to get to know people better, and generally it helps me to understand and like them better as well.  Sometimes blogs confirm what I already knew about people, that they are idiots. 
7.    Not worrying about dating / girls can really simplify a guy's life.
8.    Currently I am kind of obsessed with basketball.  I have always enjoyed basketball, but I can't ever remember it being to this level where I want to watch / play it ALL the time.  I am going to attribute it all to Jimmermania.  The limits of Jimmermania have yet to be found. 
9.    Work will always be there, have fun while you can and live life such that you can enjoy every single day.
10.  After casual observance over the past 4 months, I have come to the conclusion that the moon is severely underrated. 

These are just a few of the random thoughts that I have been able to remember over the past week or so.  Any comments or thoughts are appreciated.  Have fun! 02-21-11

3 comments:

  1. I hope it's okay that I post a reply to your random thoughts.

    1. AMEN! Among my top 10 pet peeves, many have to do with bad drivers.
    2. Ditto. I don't think "morbid" is a good description of anything unless it's a scary movie. Then I take it as a warning as "what not to watch."
    3. Can't say I've ever heard that phrase... what eludes me is the game of "snaps"... what is it?
    4. we are kindred spirits on this point for sure.
    5. I'm not sure how america would feel about those cameras in the bathroom with you either... I, however, wish my life were like some of the books I read. Way more imagination than TV.
    6. This is your blog... what does it confirm about you? Same thing it confirms about other people? I hope not. ;)
    7. Not worrying about dating / men doesn't make my life any easier. I have a bad habit of filling that void with other things that de-simplify my life again. I look forward to retirement...
    8. I'm currently obsessed with photography, but that's not new. It has always been the case and I suspect it always will be.
    9. Make money then spend it... you can always make more. Work to Live... don't live to work. I could never justify getting a degree in something I hated simply because it made more money. Some say Fine Art was a bad choice... but I've loved every minute of being a "starving artist"
    10. I love the moon. In fact... I love the night sky. I especially love to photograph the night sky. You are absolutely right... the moon IS totally underrated. So is the wind. You can't see it, but pay attention to what it does to nature... especially when the sun is low in the sky and the grass is tall. It makes the earth look more alive. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading people's blogs can be tricky.... sometimes it's too much.
    I'm obsessed with Justin Bieber right now.... not the kid.. but his music and story... oh and his swagger coach.
    Thanks for letting us into your thoughts Dan... always an interesting journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you what...I often think about you and Tyson and JR and Ben. You are all great and I'm glad I've been able to keep in touch with you guys. And now especially with you through blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete