Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dreams.


Some of my favourite things to talk about and remember are dreams.  I suppose for me it is because dreams are something that I really don't know very much about.  What my subconscious does while I am asleep has always been something that interests me.  I also have a strange feeling that dreams come true… not necessarily in the traditional "Disney" sense that is often associated with that phrase, but more in bits and pieces.  I know that some of my dreams most definitely won't come true.  Those are the weird dreams where I end up stealing the "D.A.R.E." car, or hide in the attic of my grandparents old house (which doesn't have an attic as far as I know) because I am being chased around by rogue F-16s.  Most of my dreams however don't consist of crazy scenarios or implausible situations, but seem like real things that could actually end up happening.  They often feel very familiar and when I wake up instead of thinking "what a crazy dream", I think "I wonder when that is going to happen".  

With that in mind, in 2011 I have noticed an increasing trend of mine for me to be able to remember my dreams.  That coupled with all of the new goals and ambitions I have for this year has led to a lot of situations where I am excited to see when what I have been dreaming about will happen.  I don't expect all of my dreams to end up happening, nor do I expect everything that happens in my dreams to happen, but one of my favourite things about dreams is that I have noticed they often lead to déjà vu which I am a big fan of.  I really enjoy that 1 or 2 second interval when I see / hear / experience something, and I know that I have experienced that before.  It is a slightly eerie feeling, but I enjoy it quite a bit nonetheless.  I feel like dreams can be tiny glimpses of our future that the Lord allows us to have to help us know later on that we are on the right track.  Little pieces of personal revelation for each and every one of us that is able to remember what we dream about.  I don't know if that is entirely true, or much about the science behind dreams at all, but there are lots of accounts of people in the scriptures having dreams that end up coming true so is it so crazy to think the Lord may allow us to have some of the same more personalized experiences?  I don't really know what got me so interested in dreams at the beginning, but I do know what has helped my interest in them continue up to this point.  Thanks Inception.  01-23-11

No comments:

Post a Comment