Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011.

Another year has started.  I am pretty excited about it for a lot of different reasons.  This is going to be a really good year, I just have a feeling.  Not only because 11 is my favorite number, but it is kind of just one of those premonition type things you feel occasionally.  As a random side note I have already had déjà vu twice today which I think is a good sign for the year 2011.  I also seem to have a renewed sense of purpose, as well as some fresh ideas / mindset of what I want to do / get accomplished this year.  I am excited by quite a few of the goals or "resolutions" I have come up for myself this year…
·         Make a trip to Europe
·         Go skydiving
·         Weekend trips to the closest temples: Oklahoma City, Houston, San Antonio, Lubbock, Albuquerque, St. Louis, Nauvoo, Baton Rouge
·         College football games at cool stadiums: Ole Miss, Texas, Provo, Notre Dame?, Florida?, Hawaii?
·         Finish at least 3 songs I have started but never finished
·         Go to the temple at least once a month
·         Exercise and get my body in shape and maintain throughout the year
·         Smile more to demonstrate my internal happiness
·         Make more friends both in / out of the ward
·         Stay in touch with at least 2 new people a month
·         Learn to ollie on my skateboard
·         Do at least 2 snowboarding trips
·         Take the GMAT and apply for MBA schools
·         Fill out at least one room upstairs in my house / get blinds for upstairs
·         Read at least 2 books per month
There are other things that I want to get accomplished this year as well, but these are the ones that come to mind at present.  I mostly just want to have a lot of fun in 2011, and enjoy living.  Also, I HAVE to do something super awesome on 11-11-11.  If you have any ideas of something awesome I should consider, I am open to advice / suggestions.  Also, if you would like to join me on any of these adventures, please let me know.  The more the merrier in 2011.  May you be successful in all of your upcoming endeavors and resolutions this year!  01-01-11

1 comment:

  1. DAN!!!! Just a few things:
    1) I want to help you with your songs. We never did get together to jam. I finally have an electric drumset and could probably lay some track down in garageband.
    B) You, tyson, and kyle all inspired me to become a no limit boarder, which has left me with some fun memories and some awesome skate videos. I still have a good board and would love to help you learn to ollie, better yet, BOARDSLIDE. ha ha ha
    and 3) We will be moving to Houston this summer, and would love to go to the Houston Temple with you. and I am sure we'll be coming up to Fort Worth periodically.

    YES, 2011 will be amazing...

    ReplyDelete