Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dorm Life.


Over the past few weeks I have been trying to keep myself busy.  I have also been a bit nostalgic and I decided that one of the best ways to help people understand a lot of the random references that I used with my friends up at school, that make absolutely no sense to most everyone else unless you know the context, was to bring my favorite web series to them.  The mockumentary episodic series "Dorm Life" and myself were first introduced by a mutual friend of ours.  From that first chance meeting I have been mildly obsessed with and have incorporated many different Dorm Life references into my daily life.  As such I wanted to share my love of this hilarious comedic masterpiece with those around me now.  

Dorm Life is great show.  It documents the lives of college freshman as they go through their first year of school at an unidentified university.  Most of the show takes place on the dorm floor 5 South where the characters learn "how to bond together and do fun activities."  The main characters of the show include Marshall the RA, Mike, Josh, Steph, Abby, Gopher, Shane, Danny B, Brit, and Courtney.  My favorite characters are definitely Gopher and Shane as they are kind of the comedic relief for the show and are the ones who provide a lot of the floor excitement without any of the drama.  The show is only two seasons long with the first documenting the Fall semester and the second documenting the Winter semester.  Apparently Dorm Life was nominated for a lot of different web series awards and deservedly so in my opinion.  I have included below a link to one of my favorite episodes of the show from the second season that shows 5 South's experience with Valentines Day.  


One of the best things about the show is how quotable it is.  A lot of the lines that have worked themselves into my main day to day vocabulary come from this show.  Whether it be Shane always saying "Prolly", or Marshall and his "So Rad Dude" (or really "So (anything) Dude"), there are a lot of great one liners from the different episodes.  I have included a few of my most preferred below.  

"You see Danny B, that's the risk you take with mystery hot girls.  Once you take the mystery away, it's just a hot girl and hot girls can be lame."  - Gopher
"We are going to go home with smiles in our hearts and songs on our faces!" - Shane
"Everyone knows there's only 3 ways out of the friend zone: boredom, jealousy, or a traumatic event." - Gopher
"Prepare to die, prepare to die, blood makes the grass grow kill, Kill, KILL!!!" - Marshall
"I don't even know why you guys think this I like sports and video games." - Andy

There are a lot more great lines from the show, but you should check them out for yourself.  There is a pretty rad website if you are interested in learning more, or if you ever get bored and are looking for something to entertain yourself. 


I hope you enjoy!  12-07-10

1 comment:

  1. Some of my favorite quotes:

    the capital of the united states of America is the united states America ... you're pretty dumb danny b.. you should read more

    and Kappy Gopha Shane... we got foam

    and ... are those not their names??? OMG are those not their names?

    ReplyDelete