Saturday, December 25, 2010

New Mexico Bowl.


So this past weekend I decided to go on a road trip.  It was kind of a spontaneous last minute trip (or at least it felt that way) which is not something that I generally do.  My little brother and sister finished up finals week at BYU and were driving home for the Christmas break.  I decided I would meet up with them in Albuquerque and we would hit up the bowl game since they would be passing through New Mexico at about the same time the game was going to happen either way.  I tricked my friend Audi into making the 1300 mile, 18 hour journey with me and we took off once I got off of work on Friday.  It was a very quick and hectic trip but it was a lot of fun.  I have included a few pictures in order to help give you an idea of the fun.    
First is a picture of Audi and me in the car as we started on our way to Albuquerque.  We didn't get on the road until about 6pm, which was a lot later than I had thought, thus giving us an ETA in Albuquerque of 3am.  We had to get stoked in order to be able to make the journey…


After we made it to Albuquerque, we went straight to bed and got up in the morning ready to cheer on the Cougars to victory.  These were a few pictures of us on our way walking to the game. 



The game was a lot of fun, as we arrived at the stadium we were able to see some of the pregame festivities.  The highlight of the pregame was when the microphone didn't work for the girl singing the national anthem, so the crowd got restless and decided to sing it for themselves.  


As I am sure everyone knows, BYU dominated the bowl game and won by the score of BYU 52 UTEP 24.  We got to go down on the field after the game for the trophy presentation and for some of the interviews with the players.  We got a few pics from down there as well.  




All in all it was a really fun trip.  It was a LONG time in the car, but it was worth it to see the Cougars win.  The only unfortunate event from the whole trip was that my car blew up when we got home at like 3:30 in the morning.  It blew a head gasket and is completely gone now, part of the reason it has taken me so long between posts.  Also, I have been busy with the holiday season.  BYU should have a really good and talented young team next year.  Rise.  Merry Christmas yall!  12-25-10

No comments:

Post a Comment